ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES
Birds of a Feather is excited to offer six magnificent lots in Hawk's Landing (phase II) designated for our architect-designed homes called Los Nidos (“the nests”), our newest "Little House" floor plan or your custom designed home!
Choose from our 1275 (Chickadee) or 1425 sq. ft. (Bluebird) or (Little House) 960 sq. ft. architect-designed floor plans or design your custom home and then pick your favorite pine-forested lot ranging in size from .44 to one-acre. Next, decide how to "feather your nest" with your choice of interior finishes! You may also get your new home LEED certified (US Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), if you wish. The benefit is an extremely energy efficient home! Choose your favorite home style... Southwestern/Pueblo flat roof or Northern New Mexico pitched roof designs. Or... design your own home!
If you aren't quite ready to move to your new home, you may purchase a lot now and take up to five years to begin construction.
Los Nidos homes were designed in collaboration with local architect, David Madden of EcoNest Design, Santa Fe, LLC and Mark Giorgetti of Palo Santo Designs, LLC to create a healthy and energy efficient home sanctuary.
Each of these floorplans include 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, fireplace, double-car garage and large outdoor covered portals. The larger floorplan includes an office/den.
Lot prices* include all underground utilities (shared well, electric & telephone) and a state-of-the-art advanced nitrate wastewater treatment system. Wireless internet service is currently available. DSL coming soon!
Our featured builder for these homes is Palo Santo Designs, LLC, an award-winning Santa Fe based company. We chose this builder because of their use of proven building methods with techniques and technologies that assure maximum energy efficiency, water conservation, land stewardship, indoor air quality and comfort!
Palo Santo Designs was named “Green Builder of the Year”, 2011. Their LEED certified solar home took FIVE awards, including the coveted "Grand Green" and Best Craftsmanship in Santa Fe's Haciendas, A Parade of Homes last year. They took home another EIGHT awards in the 2012 Parade of Homes!
2012 Awards for;
- Best Craftsmanship
- Best Site & Resource Efficiency
- Best Energy Efficiency
- Best Bath & Best Kitchen
- and the coveted "Grand Green" award for their under 2000 sq. ft. home & their over 2000 sq. ft. home
LEED Building Techniques
Our LEED Gold Certified homes include these features;
- ENERGYSTAR Appliances & Lighting
- Exceptional Energy Performance with Super Insulated Walls
- High Efficiency Radiant In-Floor Heat
- Water Saving Plumbing Fixtures
- Environmentally Preferable Materials including Recycled Content, Sustainably Harvested Wood and Non-Toxic Materials
- Clean Indoor Air Quality with Formaldehyde-Free Cabinets, No-VOC Paints, Radon-Proof Construction and Enhanced Air Ventilation with HEPA Filtration
- American Clay Interior Plasters
- Durable and Long-Lasting Materials and Construction
- Minimized Disturbed Area during Construction, Preserving Native Landscape
* Prices subject to change at any time without notice.